Students in our research group have access to unique and comprehensive resarch infrastructure that our team at Calit2 has developed over the past five years, including systems for high-performance computing, rendering, display and interaction. And yes, we like to take research and technology to the extreme.
- HIPerSpace: 286 mega pixel resolution multi-tile display (highest resolution display in the world)
- StarCAVE: 30 mega pixel per eye, passive stereo, pentagon-shaped CAVE (highest resolution working CAVE in the world)
- Varrier: 45 megapixel per eye, auto-stereo display (highest resolution auto-stereo display in the world)
- 4K: 8 megapixel auditorium projector (the first digital cinema projector installed in the US)
- HIPerDesk: 4 mega pixel per eye, passive stereo desktop display
- HIPerTouch: Multi-touch display