Recent News and Media Coverage
April 22, 2009 - UC Davis Genome Center installs HIPerSpace Technology
April 17, 2009 - 'Cosmic Tree of Life' on HIPerSpace Wall
March 3, 2009 - Coastal Bluff Imaging Study Featured in SIO Explorations
January 9, 2009 - DOE Awards Supercomputing Grant for Extreme Visualization of Cultural Patterns
- 11/18/2008 The Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) adopts our HIPerSpace design for Stallion.
- 11/07/2008 Article about Coastal Bluff Erosion Monitoring and Modeling Project features PhD candidate Michael Olsen.
- 11/01/2008 CGLX will power multiple, major display systems at SC08. Stay tuned for a full report.
- 10/31/2008 CISA3 Researchers Look Into the Past with High-Resolution Digital Scans of Italy's Palazzo Medici
- 10/29/2008 High-Tech Search for Legendary Warlord
- 10/27/2008 Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation: The OptIPortal goes to School
- 10/15/2008 Our visual analytics research will help drive The Search for the Hidden Tomb of Genghis Khan
- 10/14/2008 Calit2 & KAUST are partnering to create world-class visualization and virtual reality research and training activities
- 10/14/2008 The extension to the San Diego Supercomputer Center is dedicated and with it a new 80 mega pixel OptIPortal powered by our visual analytics tools.
- 10/08/2008 CGLX v1.2.2 (Salamander) has been released, including major enhancements
- 10/06/2008 Our HIPerWall Technology and related research are featured in UC Irvine's Shaping the Future Video
- 10/02/2008 Structural Engineers and Computer Scientists Hope to Integrate Disciplines to Revolutionize Building Construction
- 09/20/2008 Space and HIPerSpace: Mars Rover's Rendezvous with Calit2 Display
- 09/17/2008 3D Virtual Reality Environment Developed at UC San Diego Helps Scientists Innovate.
- 09/16/2008 Larry Smarr blogs about HIPerVerse on Calit2Life
- 09/15/2008 HIPerVerse breaks 1/2 gigapixel barrier during CalREN-XD/High Performance Research Workshop
- 09/08/2008 Intel Donates 200 Microprocessors to Promote our Visualization Research
- 08/14/2008 CGLX now downloaded over 4,000 times and driving nearly all major multi-tile systems.
- 08/25/2008 Our group takes center stage at NVISION 2008 with the OptIPortable (HIPerSpace Nano) placed in the atrium of the San Jose Convention Center.
- 07/10/2008 UK News Service Says, 'Now That's a Big TV'
- 06/26/2008 The Cross-Platform Cluster Graphics Library, (CGLX v1.2.1) is now available packaged for Mac-OSX
- 06/25/2008 NASA launches hyperwall-2 for second place in ulta-high res tiled displays. HIPerSpace remains in first place and HIPerWall is now third.
- 06/16/2008 286 mega pixel edition of HIPerSpace unveiled during meeting with National Geographic Society at UCSD
- 06/12/2008 HIPerSpace fully operational at 286,720,000 pixel resolution
- 06/03/2008 Latest Spitzer Space Telescope data screaming on HIPerSpace in full beauty, using new algorithms for giga pixel visualization
- 06/01/2008 The Cross-Platform Cluster Graphics Library, (CGLX v1.2.1) is now available as a roll for ROCKS (HIPerRoll)
- 04/22/2008 Our research about the Search for the Lost Leonardo is featured on CBS 60 Minutes
- 04/10/2008 BlueMarble as you have never seen it before. 44 giga pixel image deck fully interactive on HIPerSpace.
- 03/10/2008 National Geographic Society and Florence team up on project
Match 10, 2008 - The National Geographic Society and the City Florence team up in support of the DaVinci Project
January 11, 2008 - UC San Diego Researchers Acquire Data on Renaissance Landmark in Search for da Vinci Mural