Research Profile: Kevin Ponto
PhD Research Projects
Leonardo da Vinci's Lost Mural: The Battle of Anghiari
Blue Marble: A Method for Visualizing Giga-Pixel Layered Imagery for Tiled Displays
Wipe-Off: Ultra-High Resolution Data Manipulation
Winter Quarter 2006 One of three Teaching Assistants for the Universiy of California – Irvine Computer Engineering senior design class. Class focused on developing projects using the Atmel Butterfly microcontroller. Assisted in the design, production and debugging of group projects.
Teaching Assistant Winter Quarter 2005 One of four Teaching Assistants for University of California – Irvine Arts 10b. Class focused on contemporary media studies. Worked with students in small groups.
2009. Chancellors Interdisciplinary Collaboratories Student Fellowship. University of California, San Diego.
2008. Chancellors Interdisciplinary Collaboratories Student Fellowship. University of California, San Diego.
2006-2007. Holmes Fellowship. University of California, Irvine.
2007. Prix Ars Electronica Honorary Mention in the Category of Hybrid Art.. Pigeon Blog Da Costa, B. Hazegh, C. Ponto, K.
2006. Emerging Artist Honorary Mention Award, . Pigeon Blog. Inter-Society for Electronic Arts' Annual Symposium. Da Costa, B. Hazegh, C. Ponto, K
2006. Reviewer for Ubicomp 2006, the Eighth International Conference of Ubiquitous Computing.
1. Ponto, K., Kuester, F., Nideffer, R. and Penny, S. Virtual Bounds: a teleoperated mixed reality. Virtual Reality. (2006) v. 10, n. 1, pp. 41-47.
2. Ponto, K., Kuester, F., Nideffer, R. and Penny, S. Tangled Reality. Virtual Reality. (2008) v. 12, n. 1, pp. 37-45.
3. Ponto, K. Tangled Reality. Master’s Thesis. University of California, Irvine. 2006.
4. Ponto, K., Seracini, M., and Kuester, F. Wipe-Off: an intuitive interface for exploring ultra-large multi-spectral data sets for cultural heritage diagnostics. Computer Graphics Forum (2009) v. 28, n. 8, pp. 2291-2301.
5. Ponto, K. Wypych, T. Doerr, K. Yamaoka, S. Kimball, J. Kuester, F. VideoBlaster: a distributed, low-network bandwidth method for multimedia playback on tiled display systems. In proceeding of IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia. (2009) pp. 201-206.
6. Ponto, K., Doerr, K. and Kuester, F. Giga-Stack: A Method for Visualizing Giga-pixel Layered Imagery on Massively Tiled Displays. Future Generation Computer Systems. (2010) v. 26, n. 5, pp. 693-700.
7. Ponto, K. and Kuester, F. DIGI-Vis: Distributed Interactive Geospatial Information Visualization. In proceedings of IEEE Aerospace Conference. (2010) pp. 1-7.